Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D SBS from wide to close-up?

Hi there,

i am experimenting with the the vray steroscopic helper. It seems to wok quite nice. However I have a question about the focus. How do you guys do it? Well I have an animation that comes from a total shot to a closeup. When getting closer, the video seems to get "de-synced" somehow. Feels like crossed eyed. I guess it has nothing to do with my eyes I tried different focus methods, even animated the focus distance. Is there any info or help to fix this? Am i missing something?

Cheers
    Ralf

personally, i think that 3d movies that have depth of field are crap. You should not use it for 3d movies as the viewer will focus on what they want to focus on. As a viewer, being unable to focus on something because the animator has decided that is not where the camera is focused on is immersion breaking. Assuming this is what your talking about i am not 100% sure.
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Not sure what you mean actually.
      Are you animating a focal length in the lens? Like going from 25mm to 50mm?
      Or are you speaking about some DOF like Werticus referece to?
      So you're not rendering stereo 360 pano, right?

Either way, you should not have any de-sync and you surely should not have to animate eye distance, at least I guess you shouldn't.
      Seems like there is a bug I would think.
      Would be easier to understand with a example of the issue.

Stan
      3LP Team

Comment

Well what i mean with focus distance has nothing to do with dof. Its that spinner on the vray stereo helper. And no its not a 360 pano. Its just a model with a camera fly-by. When the camera is far away the 3D effect seems nice, when getting close to the model the unwanted effect set in. When you force yourself to cross your eyes its getting better, but thats not a trick i can tell my client Tomorrw i might be able to give a refrence file or a a pic that shows what i mean. When you adjust the exe distance from 6.5 to 2.0 the closeup looks better but the further away shot sucks.... What a pickle!

Cheers
        Ralf

Comment

Is the spinner in the vray stereo helper referring to the eye distance?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	SNAG-0032.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	856393

If so, then I think it has to stay at 6.5cm.
          Unless you have a issue with your scene scale...
          I haven't had any issue with this yet, but my scene are created by scale and I anly did stereo sphero 360, never user normal renders.

Hope your pics from tomorrow will enlighten us with your issue

Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

Well it might be embarrassing for me, but the fix was always infront of me The fix for it is to set interocular method to "shift left". Quite logic... But hey it works now. Thx Stan for you assistance

Ralf

Comment

Working...
            X