Lumions speed/complexity vs Vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumions speed/complexity vs Vray

I am wondering, especially with animations, why are there so many processes and so easy to fail with avoiding flickering in vray animations, while it seems like just pushing a button in Lumion? I love vray but there should be possible to get rid of this flickering thing without using two extra steps (prepasses) and still you don't really know how lucky you are if you are using moving objects in the scene too, before after you have comped it. One error and you have to render the entire thing again. Two or three times (prepasses). I know that Lumion isn't quite where vray is in quality, but it will soon be, and then chaos group should be there with an easier animation workflow. Am I not right?

Use brute force GI + LC, see the docs page on recommended settings for animation. That's all.

http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...nginanimations

(The section on avoiding flickering)

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 24-06-2015, 12:30 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Lumion is still far from what Vray does, and it's more like a gaming engine than a rendering engine. And it won't be soon, unless people have 100 Titan X GPU's installed.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Use brute force GI + LC, see the docs page on recommended settings for animation. That's all.

http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...nginanimations

(The section on avoiding flickering)

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Thanks for your quick response, Vlado. I had my mind totally stucked on im/lc solution, but I guess I will just use brute force in the future just to be safe.
        And just buy another couple of more render nodes to help cope with the render times.

Comment

brute force is a lot faster than it used to be, i dont bother with IR anymore, it is BRUTE + LC every time now. Besides a little noise is much nicer than splotceyness
          WerT
          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
          X