Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caustics calculation speed by rendering mode

Hi.

Caustics calculation by batch render compared with local rendering.
    When using distribute rendering, that's same.

What kind of cause is considered?

i am not quite sure i understand.. but i think you are asking why using distributed rendering does not speed up caustics calculation?

it is because the caustics calculation cannot be spread over more thaqn one machine. it will be calculated completely on each machine.

therefore even with 100 machines the speed will be the same as with one.

Comment

Yes!
      I know that the caustics calculate on eache machine by distribute rendering.
      What I wanted to say is that causitcs calculation does not end at the same time.
      The local machine calculate time for caustics is too slow compared with the server machines.

Comment

What are the specs of the local machine compared to the server machines, is the local machine weaker than the server ones?
        Does is make any difference in caustic calculations on the local machine with different status of DR(enabled|disabled)?
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

The local machine specs isn't weak.
          The local machine have 16 Core . around 3.1GHz CPU. Ther server machine have 12 Core. around 3.47Ghz CPU.
          Sometimes the local machine rendering time is 5-10 times slower than the server machine rendering time.

Comment

Can you reproduce the issue with a simple scene, or it only occurs with a particular one?
            Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X