Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RT - How to switch between CPU and GPU when activeshade open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT - How to switch between CPU and GPU when activeshade open?

Hi all

I can't figure out how to switch the RT mode while activeshade is active either in a seperate window or in viewport.

What I'm doing is switching to production then back to activeshade. There must be a simpler way?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Originally posted by Morne View Post
    Hi all

I can't figure out how to switch the RT mode while activeshade is active either in a seperate window or in viewport.

What I'm doing is switching to production then back to activeshade. There must be a simpler way?
    You can't switch the RT mode (CPU/GPU) even if the activeshade render is stopped? Or you want to do it while it is rendering ?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
      You can't switch the RT mode (CPU/GPU) even if the activeshade render is stopped? Or you want to do it while it is rendering ?
      Either will do if I can get it to work!

I don't know how to manually stop the render once it started. And once it started it doesnt seem to ever stop by itself (default settings), it just keep on going and then half the things in the dialog are greyd out so I cant change things.
      The only way I can see how to stop it and get back control, is to close the activeshade window, change what I want, and render again.

Would be nice if there was some kind of stop or cancel button somewhere, or if it was FULLY interactive ALL THE TIME, so I can anytime just switch between CPU and GPU.
      I can't believe there isnt a cancel button - or I'm probably just not seeing it or not that familiar with RT?

The GPU is much faster but I need to constantly switch between the 2 because of the things that dont work yet on GPU like VRay Plane, exclude objects from lights, invisible light, Matte Object
      Is there maybe a nightly where these things work yet on GPU (VRay Plane, exclude objects from lights, invisible light, Matte Object)
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Hmmm ok I just now noticed the big red "stop" sign to stop the rendering in the frame buffer. Somehow missed it before...

Stopping the render and changing the mode works.

Still, it would be nice if ALL the settings in RT was interactive and you could change modes while it's rendering. Mid-render if you change modes, it will then automatically stop and start the render, just like when you moved your lights or camera around
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Why you just don't use the ESC or the Stop button from the VFB toolbar?
          or I'm missing something here?

Edit : ahh, I see you have already replied.

Is there maybe a nightly where these things work yet on GPU (VRay Plane, exclude objects from lights, invisible light, Matte Object)
          The light include/exclude list should work in our internal builds, so most probably this will be one of the updates for the next SP.

Still, it would be nice if ALL the settings in RT was interactive and you could change modes while it's rendering.
          Maya be at some point this will be possible.
          Last edited by tashko.zashev; 26-06-2015, 05:28 AM.
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X