Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF + BF is darker than BF + IR

Hi,

I love progressive mode in vray3. In my current project I found out that progressive mode looks just like I want it but when I switch to BF + IR shadow areas are alot brighter. Is there any rule of thumb how to tweak IR settings so they would look more like BF? I wouln't want to mess with camera parameters cause image is looking fine. I just would like to go closer to BF looks just tweaking IR settings.

If you are not using BF + BF, do you prefer BF + IR or BF + LC?

Try BF is primary and LC as secondary
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

It was so much closer to BF but so much grainier also. I would have to increase settings quite abit.

Comment

If you use a different engine for your primary gi, they all aim to get to the same final gi solution, you might find that brute force at the start is a bit darker due to the grain though. If you're using really low sampling on your brute force, there's a bit more "error" in there so it's a slightly worse result than the IR map. If you turned up the quality of your BF to get something really clean, it'll possibly be as bright as the IRmap version.

What type of render is it? Interior / exterior, still / animation, archvis scene / vfx?

If you want cleanliness and speed, Irmap and light cache is very hard to beat. It'll definitely give you the brightest result for interior scenes since using light cache for secondary uses 100 bounces of GI. Using bf for secondary uses 3 bounces by default so it's not as large a volume of light. I'm not sure about the quality / graininess of your current renders but it might be hard to compare the brightness of a low quality BF render with a fairly smooth irmap render!

Comment

Working...
        X