Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching Panorama

Hi there,

What is the current workflow to match a camera to a stitched panorama photo in Vray 3.2?
    Working with the max physical cam, the Vray cam override doesn't work.

I can use a vraydome cam (cam override doesn't work) but the curve in perspective doesn't match the photo.
    As the dome cam doesn't have exposure options, do i use Physical Camera Exposure Control? or Vray Exposure control?

I have shot 3 images 24mm with an angle shift of 30°.
    Stitched with PTgui
    The Fov = 90° ?

Thanks in advance!

edit; Camera override does work with the dome cam and i do get a curved perspective. But not the good one

Comment

It depends on your method on stitching in PT GUI.

One will mean you need to use a curved lens (portion of a fish-eye), Equirectangle, which is like a Lat-Long if you had enough panels.

The other will let you just change you FOV to match. Rectilinear.

I could have those two messed up.

You need to work out your overlap to calculate your FOV, but the math should be fairly simple.
      Maxscript made easy....
      davewortley.wordpress.com
      Follow me here:
      facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

You're able to specify the FOV that you want to render from PTGui. So render out a rectilinear image and cam match to that. The stitching process removes the lens distortion.
        Win10 x64, 3DS Max 2017 19.0, Vray 3.60.03
        Threadripper 1950x, 64GB RAM, Aurous Gaming 7 x399,

Comment

Thanks for the replies!
          I'm on vacation right now and we skipped the panorama. But after i'm back i will try this out.
          Reproduce from Ptgui and try to match.

Comment

Working...
          X