Animation VR with cube 6:1 format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation VR with cube 6:1 format

I am attempting to render a VR animation and was wondering what the best method would be for doing that. Best quality I would think would be the Vray Cube 6:1 animated throught the space with the stereoscopic helper active for both sides and then composited in AE. However at 4 hrs/ rendering that would be an amazing long render time and I am not even sure if my Samsung Gear VR would view that correctly?

Any other suggestions for animating a space in VR?

-Greg

In addition to the long render times, I must say from initial experimentation with a DK2, the lack of parallax inherent in stereo panorama viewing is somewhat detrimental to the immersive sensation when compared to that of a realtime 3D engine.

While it's harder to achieve the same level of quality of lighting and shading that you get with VRay (perhaps due to my personal inexperience with game engines), I feel as though this factor contributes less to the overall experience.

Comment

I am also finding a hard time with a solution on the Cube 6:1 method. What I have been doing is, setting my output in 3d Max size to 18432x1536 (from what I understand this is the resolution you should set, correct?), then in V-Ray set the Camera to Cube 6x1. Render a sequence, import into a video editor such as After Effects, create a mp4, then? What's next? Not sure what software to run my mp4 to display on a Samsung S6. I tried http://totalcinema360.com/ but it doesn't appear to like the Cube 6:1 output.

Am I missing something?

Comment

If you use something like KRPano, it supports video but I'm not sure how this works on mobile/gear VR

Stan
        3LP Team

Comment

Working...
        X