updating old vray proxies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updating old vray proxies

I have a lot of vray proxies that have been created between vray 1.5 and 3.2.

I'm wondering if there is a way that I can run a batch to update all the old proxies and re-create new ones so that I can take advantage of the new preview modes and point cloud rendering.

the ply2vrmesh mention that it supports vrscene files, but I don't see vrmesh file option for the input.

thanks

Chris

No, we do not have such application. For the moment it will be best if you make macro script and convert your proxies.
    Tsvetan Geshev
    Technical Support Representative

Chaos Group

Comment

a tool to convert proxies would be REALLY GOOD! the thought of locating max files and doing them manually doesnt bear thinking about

please please pretty please!
      www.peterguthrie.net
      www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
      www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

I'll make a script for this tonight, shouldn't take long.
        Maxscript made easy....
        davewortley.wordpress.com
        Follow me here:
        facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Good stuff Dave!
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Thanks Dave!

Comment

It's not too complex but for the moment there are some complications.

I don't have an easy way to see if the proxy is animated, as I can't convert an animated proxy.

In my tests with then new proxy display method I want a few more polys to see the overall shape a bit better, should this be based on the original preview facecount or a new % or some other value?
              Maxscript made easy....
              davewortley.wordpress.com
              Follow me here:
              facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

less excuses, more action Dave

Yep, sometimes keeping the preview poly count the same as it was might not be enough. I guess with a really heavy mesh then % might not be such a good idea... so i see the problem.

In the past i generally stuck with the default setting of 10000 faces as the preview was useless anyway for things like trees.

Would it be possible to have a dialog box in the script to input a new number of faces?

Can anyone from chaosgroup help with the 'is it an animated proxy or not' question?
                www.peterguthrie.net
                www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Peter,
                  Dave has asked for help on the beta testers group.....
                  Chris Jackson
                  Shiftmedia
                  www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                  X