Panaramic Infinity 360, HOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panaramic Infinity 360, HOW?

Ok, watch this video, if your browser is up-to-date you should be able to click on the video screen and look around the 3d space while staying on the journey from the pre-rendered camera path:
    https://youtu.be/EhueMB9EzoE

I have started experimenting with how they did this, and I have run into a few success and a few issues.

First, I've rendered a test scene of a truck in a small garage in V-Ray 3.2 using a physical camera. (Width 36mm, Focal Length 40mm, Aperture f/8.0) Not really sure if these camera settings makes a difference when rendering for a Panoramic.
    Second, under renderer > V-Ray > Camera, I changed it to Wrapped Spherical (old school). Override to 360 FOV. I'm assuming this makes my physical camera settings irrelevant, correct?
    Third, I changed my resolution to Custom > 3840x1920 (Aperture left at 36mm).

After doing a test render I brought my animation into after effects and created an MP4, then uploaded it to YouTube. It works just like the commercial where I am able to navigate around the space, but it feels warped. Example below. Like the objects are more compressed than the commercial's objects. Any reason for this? Did I do something wrong or missing something?

Here is the truck in youtube, notice how it looks compressed?

Here is the truck rendered without Panoramic camera settings:

How do I get rid of the compressed panoramic and make it feel more natural like the commercial does?

Thanks
    Last edited by Teriander; 21-08-2015, 10:37 AM.

I think you should choose the "spherical panorama" camera type instead, or maybe "spherical" - not sure what youtube expects exactly, you'll have to do a few tests to find out. Warped spherical doesn't seem the right choice.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That was exactly it Vlado. Once again you've helped me a million. I swore I had tried "spherical panorama" before, but I didn't notice the Vertical adjustment, that was what I needed to change. Thanks again my friend!

Comment

Don't forget to encode at high res. 4K is a minimum for this sort of thing. If you're going to be viewing mainly with mobile phone you could probably get away with 1080p but I wont hold my breath. I recently discovered youtube also accepts 8K encodings apparently but I havent tried that yet.
        Here's one of mine at 4K:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_xFeUNM4i8

I'll try encoding this one at 8K later, just a bit busy at the moment...
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Working...
        X