Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup license server with Amazon EC2 virtual instance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to setup license server with Amazon EC2 virtual instance.

I'm setting up a render farm using Amazon EC2. I own two VRay slave licenses. I can't figure out how to configure the license inside of 3DS Max so that VRay and find my license server on my main machine in my office. Anyone know how to do this?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
    -----------------------------------------
    Autodesk Expert Elite Member
    ------------------------------------------------------------

You might want to check VPN and configure your network license to use it.
    Available for remote work.
    My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

The licensing of the render nodes in a cloud render farm requires an access over TCP/IP to the machine where the dongle will be plugged in. This means that the render nodes should access the outside network or at least the machine where the dongle is plugged in. You need to grant the access to the external IP address of the machine with the dongle, to carry out the communication between the virtual render nodes and V-Ray license server.

To do this you need to verify the following:
      On the machine with the dongle make sure that the port where V-Ray license server is running (by default it is 30304) is open and not blocked for access by the Amazon virtual instances.

On the render nodes you should configure V-Ray license server settings as it is shown in the help here:
      http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...SettingsChange
      Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X