Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save stereoscopic output Left and right separately

Hi folks.

I am rendering off some stereo pano animation test. Is there a way to save out the left and right eyes as separate images but render them at the same time so I only need to calc the irradiance map once.

I have been rendering with the stereoscopic helper and adjust resolution checked but I need each eye as a separate file. Any advice?

Thanks in advance
    Greg

Hello,

For the moment we do not have such option. Why do you need separate images, with software do you have issues to import the final image?
    Tsvetan Geshev
    Technical Support Representative

Chaos Group

Comment

KRpano for one
      Would be great to have the option to split them automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by tsvetan.geshev View Post
        Hello,

For the moment we do not have such option. Why do you need separate images, with software do you have issues to import the final image?
        Hello,
        On a side note, we use VR Gallery 3d (Android app) to visualize our stereoscopic 360 panoramics but ... it doesn't handle side-by-side images apparently, thus making us manually splitting VRay's rendering in Photoshop, so that it loads left and right images properly. I'd be VERY very (did I say "very" ? ) interested in knowing what you Chaos Group guys would recommend when it comes to display our renderings on a smartphone (Android, and why not, iOS) with a cardboard / GearVR and others ...

Thanks,

Cheers.
        Nicolas Caplat
        www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Hi. We are taking 360 panos into Unity and making phone apps to use on VR headsets. The guy who is doing the unity work prefers them as separate images so at the moment I have to split them manually. Although it's not a huge task it would be nice to have the option to output them as separate images.
          Greg

Comment

A new feature request about exporting separate images from each eye has been added into our system.
            Please be informed that we are not able to provide any time frames for its implementation.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

+1 would be nice
              Originally posted by grasshopper View Post
              Hi. We are taking 360 panos into Unity and making phone apps to use on VR headsets. The guy who is doing the unity work prefers them as separate images so at the moment I have to split them manually. Although it's not a huge task it would be nice to have the option to output them as separate images.

Comment

Sorry for the late appreciation..........but

THANKS
                Greg

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
                  A new feature request about exporting separate images from each eye has been added into our system.
                  Please be informed that we are not able to provide any time frames for its implementation.
                  Thanks for the info - good news indeed
                  Nicolas Caplat
                  www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Working...
                  X