Vray RT - Blend material support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray RT - Blend material support?

I'm tinkering with a car taillight on Vray RT and was getting a bit frustrated that I didn't get the effect I wanted (part of it clear glass and the rest red glass) until I found out that only the production renderer can render Blend material. In the supported materials and textures page, Blend mtl isn't mentioned so I don't know if it's a bug or it's really not supported. For example, Multi/Sub-object mtl isn't mentioned too but it does work with Vray RT. So the question is, does RT really not support Max's Blend material?
    Aleksandar Mitov
    www.renarvisuals.com
    office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
    64GB DDR5
    GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

VrayBlendMtl is supported for both RT CPU and RT GPU(without additive mode) - there might be something else in the scene which is not supported yet.
    Would it be possible to send us a sample scene with that material for investigation?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I am sorry I was under impression that you are talking about VRayBlendMtl not 3DSmax BlendMtl - I did a quick test on Max BlendMtl with version 3.20.03 and it seems to work fine but our recommendations are to use VRayBlendMtl instead.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hmm... It didn't work here. I will post the scene as soon as I have time.
        Aleksandar Mitov
        www.renarvisuals.com
        office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
        64GB DDR5
        GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Working...
        X