Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

different results in DR, how to troubleshoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different results in DR, how to troubleshoot?

It's not GI, and it's not maps. Skip to the last two sentences if you believe me and have something to add. Read on if you'd like to make sure I tested those things out correctly.

I was using a color correction map (max, not vray) to select color. My machine, that worked fine. The slave machine on DR? I didn't work. I switched to VrayColor and it Did work. But I didn't see that as not supported anywhere, so that was odd.
    Problem 1, fixed. But the value on the slave machine is darker. Hmmmmm.
    First idea, and probably what yours is....My maps aren't all working. Step 1, eliminate the maps. Shoot. Still different results. I had an HDRI in the environment slot, and switched that off.
    Idea 2, GI. Maybe the results aren't the same, and it's not sharing results. Ok, disable GI. Shoot. Still different results.
    Note to self. I'm using a map in a vray displacement modifier, and That IS working. So the HDRI is probably not an issue. But for now I'm leaving that off.

So I've got a scene, which maps from a network drive are working, being lit by only 3 vray lights, and the DR results are different on the two machines.

How do I troubleshoot that?

The whole post is very confusing at least for me.
    Is this information related to another thread or something?

Would you please give us more details, including screenshots of the issue you are facing?
    If possible please attach the scenes along there assets for investigation.

As a start please make sure that both machines use absolutely the same V-Ray and 3DSmax builds and all the textures/plugins and other assets are accessible/installed from every machine.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
    X