Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Free Maxscript makes window blinds in seconds

Hey Everyone!
    It's been a few years, but I finally have released another new maxscript- Make Blinds. This is based off a script I've been using for several years, only I'd been using the 'simple' version straight from the Maxscript Editor. The UI and Power mode features are all brand new. I hope you all can put this to good use!! Enjoy!!

http://www.digitalxmodels.com/produc...pt-make-blinds

From the website description-

Make Blinds is a free MaxScript that will create vertical or horizontal window blinds in seconds. With just a few clicks you can populate hundreds of windows with randomized blinds.

This script offers two modes- 'simple' mode and 'power' mode. Simple mode is a single click operation. Simply select the windows you want to treat and it will create vertical blinds with random window coverage. Power mode offers the following features:

Choose between vertical or horizontal blinds
    Specify the width of the blinds and their offset from the window
    Specify a rotation angle (or rotate them randomly)
    Specify a range of window coverage
    Choose either a Max Standard, Vray, or Autodesk/Mental Ray material
    Options for layer and object naming

Here is a link to a demo video-
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/i-gA4oka4GQ
    Last edited by digitalx3d; 16-09-2015, 09:33 AM.
    John Pruden
    Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
    3D Model Marketplace

Cool thanks John
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Thanks for the contribution!
      Colin Senner

Comment

Awesome, thanks!
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

However, I get an error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	858339
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hey guys, you're very welcome! Hopefully I can pick up the frequency. I'm still very much a 'student' to maxscript, but LOVE scripting!
            John Pruden
            Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
            3D Model Marketplace

Comment

Hey Bobby,
              When the script installs, it needs to create a subfolder in your /scripts directory and then copy the files there. It cannot do that if 3ds Max is not running in "administrator mode". To run Max in administrator mode, close out of Max if it is open, right click on the 3ds Max shortcut and choose "Run as administrator" (if you have an icon on your taskbar, make sure to right click that and THEN right click the 3ds Max shortcut that displays in the menu). If you wish to run 3ds Max as administrator all the time, right click on the shortcut and then choose "properties", go to the Shortcut tab and click the "Advanced" button near the bottom, and you can check to "Run as administrator". Then it will always be in Administrator mode until you uncheck this option. Now you should be good to go.
              John Pruden
              Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
              3D Model Marketplace

Comment

Got it, thanks!
                Originally posted by digitalx3d View Post
                Hey Bobby,
                When the script installs, it needs to create a subfolder in your /scripts directory and then copy the files there. It cannot do that if 3ds Max is not running in "administrator mode". To run Max in administrator mode, close out of Max if it is open, right click on the 3ds Max shortcut and choose "Run as administrator" (if you have an icon on your taskbar, make sure to right click that and THEN right click the 3ds Max shortcut that displays in the menu). If you wish to run 3ds Max as administrator all the time, right click on the shortcut and then choose "properties", go to the Shortcut tab and click the "Advanced" button near the bottom, and you can check to "Run as administrator". Then it will always be in Administrator mode until you uncheck this option. Now you should be good to go.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hey Bobby,
                  Just fyi you can get around this issue in the future by using

getDir #userscripts

instead of getDir #scripts

Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoggie View Post
                    Just fyi you can get around this issue in the future by using

getDir #userscripts

instead of getDir #scripts

Jip, thanks Colin. This actually helps on some stuff I'm busy with also.

John, any plans on adding any features to your free roof script?
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

Colin,
                      Thanks so much for that tip!! I've had quite a few people ask for help with the install, so that'll end up saving ME some time!

Morne, no immediate plans, but definitely something I'd like to return to at some point! That script is such a beast, I'm a little afraid to get back into it! The good thing is that you can run the script with either of the 2 tile options and then tweak either the tile bitmap or other settings to achieve different results. The hard work of UV mapping all the surfaces is already done.
                      John Pruden
                      Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
                      3D Model Marketplace

Comment

Colin,
                        Thanks so much for that tip!! I've had quite a few people ask for help with the install, so that'll end up saving ME some time!

Morne, no immediate plans, but definitely something I'd like to return to at some point! That script is such a beast, I'm a little afraid to get back into it! The good thing is that you can run the script with either of the 2 tile options and then tweak either the tile bitmap or other settings to achieve different results. The hard work of UV mapping all the surfaces is already done.
                        Yep, only one way to learn. I did the same thing . Cheers!
                        Colin Senner

Comment

Bringing this thread from the dead, does anyone still use this script? Looks like the website has been removed and I can't find a download link anywhere. Alternatively if there's something new that people are using I'm all ears (besides railclone).

Comment

I have it and it seems to work, but I don't really use it. Make_Blinds.rar
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                              I have it and it seems to work, but I don't really use it. [ATTACH]n1097317[/ATTACH]
                              Thank you for responding so quickly but it doesn't look like that link is working, can you try re-attaching?

Comment

Working...
                              X