X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckets ?

- 16 Render Slaves
    - each has a 20 Core CPU

If I am using distributed rendering, I should see/use/have a total of 320 buckets, right ?

When I am using distributed with a super high res image, just to make sure I can check all my buckets... I can clearly tell that I am not getting 320 buckets.
    Not sure if my math is correct.. or my thought is just totally wrong or if I am missing here something really important ????

Thank you so much for any little help, hint and info !
    like always, highly appreciated !
    www.bernhardrieder.com
    rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

are all your slaves using 100% cpu?

which cpu is in your slaves? if it is a dual xeon with 10 cores in each, then it should be 40 buckets, not 20, due to hyperthreading.

Comment

hmm.. thx.. this is great info.. totally forgot the hyperthreading... anyways, I just have one CPU in it.. which is fine.. it gives me 20 buckets if I am using one machine and render it locally...
      but I DO NOT get my 320 buckets if I am going to use distributed rendering...

just wondering if I am missing something important here .. just want to make sure I have full render power and all my buckets are used when doing distributed rendering...
      www.bernhardrieder.com

Comment

so you check to see if the cpu load on all slaves is 100% when rendering..

or, if you can be arsed, set up a super intense scene.. glossy refractive block filling view with massive bounce depth and subdivisions, set the image order to "top to bottom"

hit render, and then you can count the buckets! with top/bottom you should get a rectangular block of buckets, so you can do rows/columns.

im interested what your machine spec is though. only hyperthreaded 10-core chip is a xeon, and its not a typical config at all, to have a machine with only one of those installed.

people would usually go for the faster, cheaper 8-core i7.

Comment

I believe also with one render license you get only 10 dr slaves (I could be wrong there) but that's how it used to be.
          Dmitry Vinnik
          Silhouette Images Inc.
          ShowReel:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
          https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
            I believe also with one render license you get only 10 dr slaves (I could be wrong there) but that's how it used to be.
            it used to be like that, but with vray 3 you only have one machine per license, unless you get additional render node licenses.

bernhard, even if you don't see all the cores, how many machine are rendering now, if any?

Comment

thank you folks.. it's working now like it should... I guess the new network had some wrong IP's setup.. something was fishy.. but it's good now.
              thank you so much for all your help, like always.. highly appreciated !!!!
              www.bernhardrieder.com

Comment

Any chance to get a screengrab of what 320 buckets looks like?

Comment

Working...
                X