Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay framebuffer and Maxscript problem with render elements

Hi,

I'm trying to incorporate the VRay framebuffer into our pipeline. The problem is when I set the VRay framebuffer output via maxscript, even with the splitgibuffer option on, render elements don't get written.

When I click the file save dialog, the openEXR dialog shows up, and after okaying this the render elements start getting saved, so I suspect something needs to be done there.

I did try fopenexr.setDefaults (), but it didn't help.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Hristo Velev
    MD/FX Lead, Bottleship VFX
    Sofia, Bulgaria

Hi,

This seems to work, mostly:
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...eBuffer-output

I'm struggling with exr output though. On some computers the above solution doesn't produce any files for some reason, but changing to another format works. I haven't been able to nail down what causes it.

Comment

Originally posted by glacierise View Post
      Hi,

I'm trying to incorporate the VRay framebuffer into our pipeline. The problem is when I set the VRay framebuffer output via maxscript, even with the splitgibuffer option on, render elements don't get written.

When I click the file save dialog, the openEXR dialog shows up, and after okaying this the render elements start getting saved, so I suspect something needs to be done there.

I did try fopenexr.setDefaults (), but it didn't help.

Any ideas? Thanks!
      Can you provide more details on this issue? How do you execute this script ? Manually through the 3ds Max UI or as a Pre-render script?
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Executed from the UI. We hit a button and set the render output, then submit to Deadline for rendering.
        Hristo Velev
        Sofia, Bulgaria

Comment

Originally posted by glacierise View Post
          Executed from the UI. We hit a button and set the render output, then submit to Deadline for rendering.
          Thanks for your reply Hristo,

Then you have to integrate the code from the thread posted by Increase in order to get it working.
          You can paste it right after the .output_splitgbuffer code.
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks, I'll do that and keep you posted.
            Hristo Velev
            Sofia, Bulgaria

Comment

Working...
            X