Vray Light Select Bug ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Light Select Bug ?

if you want to use the VrayLightSelect Render Pass... and if you want to make sure that if you change the Color of a selected light in post... that the color change will also take effect in the

- Reflection and
    - Refraction

How the heck do you use it then ?

First I thought there might be a bug .. but now I can tell, that it's all about the settings of the lights.
    Menaing, Difuse, Raw, Spec, or normal.

If I set the light to normal, I have am also changing automatically the color of the Spec pass... it's baked in.
    But I am not able to control the Reflection or Refraction separated.

Really wondering how you handle that ?
    Last edited by bernhard; 30-09-2015, 12:14 PM.
    www.bernhardrieder.com
    rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

From what i understand, you want to have the control of the diffuse and spec pass separately for a certain light? If so, you have to do 2 light select passes for the same light, one in diffuse mode, the other in spec mode, and comp it together. At least that's what i do when i need that kind of control.

Comment

Hmmm.. the problem is
      - Refraction
      - Reflection

Made this short video to better explain:
      https://youtu.be/AL6IU6vSSSA
      www.bernhardrieder.com

Comment

You can make the reflective and refractive materials propagate all render elements and then it will be possible to adjust the light color in reflections/refractions as well.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hmmm.. propagate... can't follow you vlado... you mean, making sure I do have for each light all 4 render passes ? Normal, Raw, Diffuse, and Spec ?
          if you have any short video tut or page explaining it in more detail... that would rock !

like always.. thx a lot and keep rocking !
          www.bernhardrieder.com

Comment

In the VRayMtl material, there are options "Affect channels" for reflections and refractions. Set those to "All channels" to make the materials reflect/refract other render elements as well, including the light select.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X