Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray underwater scene

Hi Guys,

I have had a look through the forum but couldn't really find what I'm looking for. Can anyone point me towards a good tutorial/guide for an underwater scene with vray?

Kind Regards

Michael

I recall this thread:
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...ater-rendering

Comment

Cheers! I'll have a gander.

MIchael

Comment

Hi,

SO I went and had a look at thread you suggested and found it to be very helpful. I did however come across a problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.

SO the main beauty render is fine but my zdepth and AO passes don't match up with render. I believe the problem is being caused by the fact I had to hide the geosphere that's around the camera to get the AO and Z-depth passes to give a result. Which means I am not getting the same refraction I get with the beauty render. Is there a work around for this so I can get them to match up?

Michael

Comment

You could set the "Affect channels" option for refractions to "All channels" in the material for the sphere.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado! That fixed the issue.
            I am however getting very noisy AO renders. Could this setting be causing this?
            I have attached what I have so far. The background is also very noisy. Is there any way I can exclude seafloor from reflections in ocean surface maybe. That seems to be causing the noise. I know maya has an VrayObjectProperties node but does max?

Click image for larger version

Name:	AO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	500.9 KB
ID:	858904Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-11-12_LR04_Michael-Shelley_FP01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	449.2 KB
ID:	858905

Michael

Comment

Hi,

Well on the AO front I rather stupidly forgot about AO subdivs. So that at least is better now.

M

Comment

Originally posted by BBHead View Post
                I know maya has an VrayObjectProperties node but does max?
                Select an object, right-click and select "V-Ray object properties"?

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Valdo,

I didn't have that option loaded in my Quad preferences. I have loaded up now. Thanks again!

Michael

Comment

Just one thing to keep in mind. Any underwater imagery there is hardly any spec because light is polarized underwater and kills off any spec/ sheen on surface of materials.

Comment

Working...
                    X