Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereoscopic panoramic Point Cloud rendering issues

Hi,

Is the only way to render a Point Cloud (XYZRGB) file imported into Max using the Point Cloud Object by using the native material/shader on the Point Cloud Object?

I assume that if I convert said Point Cloud file to Alembic or V-Ray Proxy (I have yet to figure out how to do that) I will be able to use the VRayPointParticleMtl material.
    http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...intParticleMtl

While the Point Cloud renders ok using a regular Physical Camera and even with the VRayStereoscopic Helper as a mono panorama using the equirectangular projection I have problems getting the points rendered using the Cube 6x1 stereoscopic panoramic image format at 18432 x 1536 pixels resolution.

It seems that I need to use very specific image sampler setting in order to get all the points to render, or convert the Point Cloud to Alembic or V-Ray Proxy. The most successful approach so far has been using the Progressive Image Sampler.

Any help with both approaches (the best would be to be able to render with VRayPointParticleMtl I think) will be very much appreciated, thanks!

Kim
    Digital Storytelling
    Kim Baumann Larsen
    Creative Director
Working...
X