Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambient Occlusion

Hello,

I've been trying to use ambient occlusion in post via VRayExtraTex_Map with a VRayDirt txture in render elements however my background environment is always back in the render pass.. is there a way I can get it to white?

It's noticeably faster than using GI ambient occlusion.

Thanks!

-E
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas A. Edison

its black because its empty (alpha) most likely. If you are using it in comp to multiply then you first need to merge your occlusion with a white bg then multiply. You can't get it solid white because of the alpha so, only other workaround is to re-render as a separate render job with env set to white.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Hi,

Another approach:
      You can add a fully transparent dummy sphere to the scene and additionally set Matte On, Receive/Cast shadows off/ Visible to GI Off; to be sure that it will not affect the beauty pass.
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
        I've been trying to use ambient occlusion in post via VRayExtraTex_Map with a VRayDirt txture in render elements however my background environment is always back in the render pass.. is there a way I can get it to white?
        The easiest solution is to just swap the black and white colors in the VRayDirt map and invert it in post.

Comment

Originally posted by Laserschwert View Post
          The easiest solution is to just swap the black and white colors in the VRayDirt map and invert it in post.
          Very smart.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
          X