• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR/LC with IR on render farm

Hello,
    can we used GI with the following workflow:
    PASS 1
    - LC/LC with Use for glossy ray and store direct light turn ON. Calcul done on the workstation (no DR). Render final OFF
    PASS 2
    - LC from file (pass 1), IR multiframe incremental. DR is on. Render final OFF
    PASS 3
    -IR from file, IR only, no LC (IR/None). DR is on and Render final is ON

Thanks

I see no issues with that setup, it is actually the same setup that we have published here:
    http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...ough+Animation

Please note that in the latest 3.30.02 beta version LC could be also distributed via DR so you could save up some time in Pass 1.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
      I see no issues with that setup, it is actually the same setup that we have published here:
      http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...ough+Animation

Please note that in the latest 3.30.02 beta version LC could be also distributed via DR so you could save up some time in Pass 1.
      Thanks, I was missing this important part completely at the end of the tutorial:
      "Notes

We are not using glossy reflections in this scene, but if you are using them and not using the Use light cache for glossy rays option at the same time, then you can set the Secondary GI engine to None for the final animation. This is because you won't need the light cache and turning it off will save memory."

Comment

yes as you note (i think) with "use lc for glossy rays" turned on, you should also load your lightcache for the final render.

actually, since you can now distribute the lightcache, the workflow would look more like this:

step 1 : imap and lc for primaries and sec, multiframe incremental for imap, flythrough for LC. both set to save to file, render final image off. render on one machine, with DR to accelerate.

step 2, load imap and lc, and render frames on farm.

to be honest i always used this 2 step method.. not a problem if each DR machine calculates the entire lc..

Comment

Working...
        X