v1.5 shadow render elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v1.5 shadow render elements

Do objects need to have a vray material applied to get a correct shadow pass or is it ok to have a mix of standard and vray materials.

thanks

All of the extra "render elements" channels require vray materials in order to work.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

but thats only true for the EXTRA render elements?

only to be sure.

Comment

but thats only true for the EXTRA render elements?

only to be sure.
        Yes. Z-depth, normals, render ID, material ID, coverage etc. work with all materials, since they don't really depend on the actual materials.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

would putting a standard material in a vray material wrapper work?

thanks

Comment

I have another question. There are two passes - reflection and refraction. As I fugured out from those pictures in online help, Reflection and Refraction passes WILL contain GI and Direct light components within. But if I'm going to edit GI pass separately from other passes, what should I do with those GI parts "baked" in reflection and refraction passes? I suppose, if it is possible, those components shuold be separated totally - there should be Reflected GI Pass, Refracted GI pas, Reflected Direct and Refracted Direct. Otherwise I have no clue, how to break apart GI in reflection from say Direct in Reflection.

Comment

would putting a standard material in a vray material wrapper work?
              Probably not. The wrapper is not a converter, but a container that adds a few GI and matte properties.
              Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

i was telling egz and geddart the same thing last night. need to bring it up with vlado

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Will 1.5 support Coverage channel? I didn't find it in the list of available channels on this page Though it was mentioned on that page

Comment

yep

Comment

Working...
                    X