Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 2 for Max 2016?

Hi Chaosgroup.

At the time I don´t have the budget to upgrade from 2 to 3. But I recently changed to 3ds max 2016.

I do not find an installer for VRay 2.50 for Max 2016. Will this be discontinued? Or maybe can I use the 2015 installer?

Thank you and kind regards.

Sascha

The latest V-Ray 2.50.01 build should work on Max 2016 too, but it will better to upgrade to 3.x in order to get support for the new Autodesk features like Physical camera.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Tashko.

Thanks for your reply.

Sounds good - but it´s too late. I just upgraded to 3

And I have a problem now. My old Project does not render the same way as before - and I cannot re-check with VRay 2, because the 2-License on the Dongle is now dead.

Can I reactivate the VRay 2 License?

I have 2 Windows on my machine - my old one that I keep up in case I need some old stuff - and a new one on a fast SSD with the latest releases of my software. Now I cannot use my old Windows with Max 2012 and VRay 2 anymore...

Thanks and kind regards.

Sascha

Comment

Hello Sascha,

And I have a problem now. My old Project does not render the same way as before - and I cannot re-check with VRay 2, because the 2-License on the Dongle is now dead.
        You can still use our 2.50.01 builds with the V-Ray 3 license. There are builds named 2.50.L30 in the download section that works with the new licensing system. However, can you post or send us to support@chaosgroup.com (if confidential) some images to see that difference? A lot of changes was made since the last 2.x release.

For this request please contact our sales team directly.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

There should be a version of V-Ray 2 on our website that works with the V-Ray 3 license - if you don't see it, let our support guys know and they can get it to you.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
            You can still use our 2.50.01 builds with the V-Ray 3 license. There are builds named 2.50.L30 in the download section that works with the new licensing system.
            Ah, cool
            However, can you post or send us to support@chaosgroup.com (if confidential) some images to see that difference? A lot of changes was made since the last 2.x release.
            I´ll do whe I have checked that the VRay2-Version renders fine. For this I have to upgrade my old install to 2.50.L30.
            No need for this with the 2.50.L30-installer

Thanks Tashko.

As usual: Chaosgroup-Support is exemplary.

Sascha

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              There should be a version of V-Ray 2 on our website that works with the V-Ray 3 license - if you don't see it, let our support guys know and they can get it to you.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Hi Vlado.

Thank you too

Sascha

Comment

Working...
              X