V-Ray Installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Installer

Is there a way to have the installer register the DR services during install rather than having to do it manually after on each render slave? I only have 10 slaves at the main office but its a long process to do it this way. Also is there a easy way to shut down the current running service as well?

TIA,

-dave

***EDIT***

So after talking to my IT guy we are trying to come up with a solution as close to automated as possible to do the following:

1. Shut down V-Ray services
    2. Install update
    3. register DR services
    4. add specific username and pass to the DR services
    Last edited by Syclone1; 05-02-2016, 09:35 AM.
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

As for registering the DR services i don't know, but i usually in the past i had to manually install each vray update on 20 machines. Until i found out i could silently install vray via command line. One of the lines is to stop the spawner service so all you have to do is to create a .bat file with the following lines:

taskkill /f /im vrayspawner2015.exe --- kills it
    taskkill /f /im vray.exe --- kills it
    net stop "VraySpawner 2015" --- stops the service

also: net start "VraySpawner 2015" --- starts the service

You either run this .bat file in each computer or have a software to make it run on every machine (like Refamo).

If there's a better way i would like to know too.

Comment

Working...
    X