cached BF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cached BF

what with BF being so fast these days, the only reason i really depend on imap is for flythroughs, where "multiframe incremental" is a massive timesaver..

any chance we can get a "multiframe incremental" cached option for BF? or is it just impractical? i guess it would mean either modifying imap to do an unfiltered per-pixel solution (currently doesnt work, even with interpolation at 0 (or 1 i dont recall) and min and max at 0, it produces a horrible result much slower than BF) or separating the BF into a prepass, which might be rather a big job.

It might be useful to think about it...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

in fact, I'm doing a job right now where its simple geo in the exterior setting. I cached irmap/lc but there were splotches so I switch to bf/lc. Render time went down from 50 min per frame to 30!
      Dmitry Vinnik
      Silhouette Images Inc.
      ShowReel:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

yep.. as ive noted before.. the new BF is great.. but the imap needs some love

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
          in fact, I'm doing a job right now where its simple geo in the exterior setting. I cached irmap/lc but there were splotches so I switch to bf/lc. Render time went down from 50 min per frame to 30!
          I'm working on some further optimizations that would bring about 20-25% speed increase for the BF+LC combo...

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

wow.. as always.. nice to hear...! still be good to have a caching option though

Comment

We've just had a bit of a nightmare job which was a 5000 frame long sequence. It was too slow with BF/LC and as it was just a camera move, no animated objects we did IR + LC with a pre-baking pass first, the dynamiscism of the camera move meant we had to prepass in some cases every 2nd frame rather than every 10th.... We ended up breaking the sequence into sections, rendering these separately so we use more machines to cache the prepass. We still had loads of flickering issues in the fine detailed areas. It was a horrible scene, very low gloss flat colour surfaces with fine bump maps, paper-thin modelling details.

For camera fly-throughs, we could really do with a more advanced caching system now, being able to bake the scene with BF could have really helped!
              Maxscript made easy....
              davewortley.wordpress.com
              Follow me here:
              facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

If you think you can send me some part of that scene for investigation, it will be very helpful. From the description, it looks like the GI was not the real problem, but it would be good to take a look anyways.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  If you think you can send me some part of that scene for investigation, it will be very helpful. From the description, it looks like the GI was not the real problem, but it would be good to take a look anyways.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  With pleasure, I have already zipped it up for you!
                  Maxscript made easy....
                  davewortley.wordpress.com
                  Follow me here:
                  facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                    I'm working on some further optimizations that would bring about 20-25% speed increase for the BF+LC combo...

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    Nice! If GPU can help for the task, even better
                    Actually, could we have the BF cache for RT GPU as well?

Stan
                    3LP Team

Comment

Working...
                    X