Show the marks of dry water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show the marks of dry water

I want to show a marks of a dry water drops on a transparent surface. Please suggest me how to acheive thorugh vray, means which type of map place into which channel.

guys help me.

Comment

I have to say that I don't understand what you wanna do.

"dry water" - I always thought that water is wet?

"on a transparent surface" What kind of surface? A glass plate? Or another water surface?

"which type of map place into which channel" So you would like to know the best way to create a realistic water material?

For this task, I think a vray material would be fine. Activate refraction (set refract. colour to white) and put the IOR to something around 1.333. That change the reflect colour to grey and put a falloff map into its control channel.
      I think that should work for the beginning.

Regards,
      Mirko

Comment

i would assume you mean like when you have too much calcium from limestone in your water you might get a sort of whitish mark left when water drys. so for stuff like water drops that have dried maybe all you need is a mask in your refraction slot

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Da_elf u r absolutely right. Can you tell me which type of mask, can you show me rough idea.

Comment

You could use as well a composite material on top of your "table" material.

Add a map, with opacity for the stains, in the #2nd slot of the compositing material. Set it will the values you want untill it has the proper opacity to appear only where you want on the table. Use different UV channel to place it. Do not forget to uncheck the "tile" box in the opacity slot where to opacity map is for material #2

Then add a mask in your reflection slot of material #1. This mask should be the same as the opacity for #2. Do not forget to INVERSE the mask (checkbox).

Hmm, I doubt I'm clear..

Comment

Working...
            X