Best way to convert TP particles into VrayLights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to convert TP particles into VrayLights

Apparently there's a feature with finalRender that allows Thinking Particles particles to be rendered as "real" lights. Like we have sphere, dome, plane etc, they have "particle light". Would it be possible to do this with Vray somehow? VrayPointParticleMtl doesn't seem to have an option to cast lights. Would it be hard to implement for example, the same light mode in FR in Vray?

ive never used TP, but couldnt you just use geometry particles with a lightmtl on, and render with gi?

i cant imagine it would be very fast to get a clean image, but then i cant imagine the finalrender solution would be very fast.

you could also use "direct lighting" but id imagine that would be even slower.

Comment

Mesh them and use VRayLightMtl material with direct illumination enabled.

Or, for a complete fake, use the VRayDistanceTex texture in a VRayAmbientLight to create a bright circle around each particle; it won't cast shadows but maybe you don't need it...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

love that distancetex.. really has no end of uses.

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
          love that distancetex.. really has no end of uses.
          Indeed

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Never thought about distancetex to be used that way gonna have a go at it, but we wanted to actually be lights and my only thought was to mesh them too (which we wanted to avoid hehe). Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X