Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show v-ray message window

Hi.

Quick question. I closed the v-ray message window, but how can I get it back again?

Thanks
    Mikko

Click image for larger version

Name:	SettingsTab_SystemRollout_Log.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	859780
    With this ?
    Nicolas Caplat
    www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Nope, not that. That opens the max's own render message window, but I mean this:
      http://docs.chaosgroup.com/download/...91237/loga.jpg

Comment

Hello,

Are you using V-Ray 3.30.03 with Max 2016 ? If so - then V-Ray messages go to max's own render message window and the "Show log" button opens it. In 3.30.03 we experimented using it but after some negative feedback we restored our message window in 3.30.04.

Best regars,
        Yavor
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
          Hello,

Are you using V-Ray 3.30.03 with Max 2016 ? If so - then V-Ray messages go to max's own render message window and the "Show log" button opens it. In 3.30.03 we experimented using it but after some negative feedback we restored our message window in 3.30.04.

Best regars,
          Yavor
          Yup, that's what I was about to post
          BTW, big thanks to Chaos Group for restoring your own messages window, much better.
          Nicolas Caplat
          www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Yeah, I was using 3.30.03. I guess it's time for an update. Thank you!

Comment

I have 3.3.4 for 3ds max 2015 (i need 2015 for class----not 2016).

Windows 10 x64

I noticed that when I hovered over 3ds max in my taskbar, it shows a preview of my windowed program/scene....and VRAY MESSAGES seems to hide under the Render Setup dialog box.....but if I move that box to expose the VRAY MESSAGES, VRAY MESSAGES is not there. It seems to be hidden somewhere in the program.
              Windows 10 x64 l AMD 8350 8core (oc to 4.6Ghz) on customLoop l AMD Firepro W8100 8GB l 16GB RAM (8x2) Corsair Dom Plat 2400mhz l Asus Crosshair v Formula-Z l SSD OCZ Vector 256GB l 1200w NZXT Hale 90 v2 (gold certified)

Comment

this definitely seems to be a glitch. I have been able to replicate this issue. While rendering, the MESSAGES box gets sent back behind the program but it does seem to be there if I hover over the active app in the taskbar - then when I click on that active app in the taskbar, Vray MESSAGES is no where in sight - not even when I move over the ribbon, render setup window or other panels.

At times, the MESSAGES box does stay put when I render though.
                Windows 10 x64 l AMD 8350 8core (oc to 4.6Ghz) on customLoop l AMD Firepro W8100 8GB l 16GB RAM (8x2) Corsair Dom Plat 2400mhz l Asus Crosshair v Formula-Z l SSD OCZ Vector 256GB l 1200w NZXT Hale 90 v2 (gold certified)

Comment

I am not able to reproduce that. First the V-Ray messages windows doesn't disappear at all, and second when I hover 3ds Max icon on the task-bar it doesn't show Render Setup or V-Ray Messages window at all, only VFB is shown as a separate window:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-16_17-55-31.png
Views:	1
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	859817
                  Is there a way to capture this behavior on video so we could see what exactly going on?
                  Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                  Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

ill try video capturing software. any recommendations?

try it again using Vray RT, not advanced. I think the problem is just RT.

Comment

I am using CamStudio and ShareX both are free and easy to use.
                      Some websites also offer capturing and uploading video like ScreenCast-o-Matic but they usually requires Java to be installed on the machine.
                      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                      X