Autograss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autograss

Does anyone have the demo to autograss, looking for a plugin to put grass onto a huge amount of land with a low memory footprint that also renders fast. I've been using Forest Pro, but it gets a little slow and large in memory for such large scenes with grass. I went to Happy Digitals website and it says to put your email in to register then follow the instruction it sends you but it never sends me instructions. Also I emailed the company but they never got back to me either, Makes me worry a little about even purchasing this plugin.

I own it and love it. I don't have a demo , but the developer answers his email pretty fast. gfyffe@gmail.com
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I'll try to contact him, thank you. His email for demo is on his webpage is not working, and I sent him a email at graham@happy-digital.com that I found on his website, but haven't heard from him. Do you know if autograss works and renders with RT also?
      Last edited by Donfarese; 12-02-2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donfarese View Post
        I'll try to contact him, thank you. His email for demo is on his webpage is not working, and I sent him a email at graham@happy-digital.com that I found on his website, but haven't heard from him. Do you know if autograss works and renders with RT also?
        I don't think so, but I'll check for you. I'm rendering out some stuff, so I'll check tomorrow.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Thanks Bobby.

Comment

Tried it, think I may stick with Forest Pro, Seems not really faster. Might use less Memory though.

Comment

You should post on the Itoo Forums. If it's taking long, I'm sure they can hyelp speed it up.
              For example you don't need to see as much grass far away as you do up close. You can adjust that with forest pack
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                You should post on the Itoo Forums. If it's taking long, I'm sure they can hyelp speed it up.
                For example you don't need to see as much grass far away as you do up close. You can adjust that with forest pack
                Yeah I have it set so it has a density falloff over distance for the grass, but even with that you can only go so far or it will take forever to render an animation. What I have set right now is actually working quite well, but if I tried to cover all the acres I'd have a problem, I thought autograss would be able to handle all acres, but it ends up rendering really slow.

Comment

Are you using the latest forestpack 5 beta? There has been a huge speed increase together with the latest VRay
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                    Are you using the latest forestpack 5 beta? There has been a huge speed increase together with the latest VRay
                    Yes using the latest, just have a lot going on in the scene I guess, and a Lot of grass. The long part is the loading of the geometry I think from forest pro before render.

Comment

Maybe VrayPattern?
                      http://rendering.ru/ru_en/plugins/vraypattern.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mnietek2707 View Post
                        Was actually looking at that, do you know if that works with RT? Have you used it?

Also according to the website it only works with vray 3.2.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with RT.
                          I have not used it.
                          But I thinkit is amazing technology. It's strange that this "3d object texture" is available only as external plugin...

Comment

I don't think anything will be faster than forestpackpro. Are you working with LOD?
                            A.

---------------------
                            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                            X