Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max7.0 will be released at this Siggarph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

regarding price, I don't think $100+ is an unfair price, it looks to become a very useful tool. However, I would keep in mind that dedicated modeling software, such as Silo sells for only $109. Pricing it higher than Silo etc. might lose you a quite a few sales.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Ok, thanks Egz, I will definetly keep that in mind.
      /Andreas

Comment

yea in and of itself $100 for a plugin thats likely to save alot of time is not outrageous. I think its going to be a wait and see what discreets turbosmooth or whatever its called turns out. If their implementation sucks, then your plugin will easily be worth it IMO, but if their implementation works good enough for most, your $100 might turn out to be a little steep. Im sure you've considered all this.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Yea, TurboSmooth will be interesting to see. Remember the polyspeed doesn't compete with turboSmooth, it will in max7 work together with it, so basically it will just make it even faster. I have heard both positie and negative things about turboSmooth. And just as important to me when I'm modeling is that poly speeds up the editable_poly object a lot and general viewports. Try modeling with a 100k+ character even without meshsmooth, it's not so much fun in max in my opinion. It's going to be very interesting to see how the features i'm working on now will turn out.
          Thanks for the input.

/Andreas

Comment

Back on to the max 7 subject. It seems tome Chaos are now working 1 step behind. If Max 7 does not support everything that Max 6 does (god bless the DR situation) eewww, I will have no choice to move away from VRay because I just cant afford the pain.

No one mentioned that Max 7 has a free upgrade from 6. Well it does for us we have only just bought 2 Max 6 and 2 VRays and discovered the DR problem on the upload screen for the plugin.

Not Swearing

J

Comment

Yes, lets hope that max7 won't introduce something that will make it even harder for the Chatic guys. I think they are knee deep into getting 1.5 finished, it's a very advanced project from what I'm seeing. I think that when the 1.5 is out and they have killed the most important bugs, they will focus more on the problems you mention, I can see that they are very important.

I'm still sad that max7 won't have clickable isolines, this just too bad.
              /Andreas

Comment

I heard from a reseller that Discreet has been planning to include their plugins into the product for quite some time. Nice move to include plugins that if needed already have been payed for. I've been on Discreet* about this for years but thay replied " if you don't like our policy move on to another package" To bad for me that I'm a lazy shit else I would have got myself a XSI license now that they are cheeper than the subscription for MAX. Also having projects that goes on over several years makes a transfer rather messy.

I bought CS back in the 2.0 days and upgraded it to 3.0 but last time I used it I cursed so much that my collegue bought me CAT. I have been in a good mode ever since. Thanks Discreet* for making CS4 a part of my future. NOT.

We also have Lightscape (thanks for including that in R5 now that we use Vray)

In my opinion Discreet* has taken the joy out of 3d. Chaos is what has kept me going making the output worth the time in the shadow of Discreet*.

Maybe I should do what a friend did. Go out and get drunk. go home and order XSI online in a haze of liqour just cos it so worth it.

(do I seem like a fun dude?)

Shit now I'm so worked up I'll go and order XSI right away.

Later folks got some moneyspending to take care of.

Comment

We also have Lightscape (thanks for including that in R5 now that we use Vray)
                  if this only would be true.

lightscape is much better then what was implemented into R5.

Comment

true.....

Comment

Hmm, I think it's a pretty good idea to imcorporate good plugins into 3dsmax. However I hope they do know that they can't rely on this by far.

I think that the other packages seem to be comming strong when it comes to modeling and handeling large objects fast. It's good that Discreet are paying attention to speed, but I wonder if it will be enough.

I'm curious about XSI though, it looks good what I have seen. But the time that one needs to spend learning another app should not be triffled with. (or so I think) Some applications are just easy to use, I remembered that Rhino had me modeling in a few hours. I tried Alias and Maya before and had serious trouble just creating a box

/Andreas

Comment

Working...
                      X