Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading question

Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading from 2.5 to latest release of Vray. To do so, I need to re-program my dongle. I'm also in the process of upgrading from Max 2015 to 2016. Before committing to 2016, I typically like to make sure all the plug-ins are working correctly. I have Vray 2.5 installed for 2015 and I would like to install 3.3 on 2016. Is this possible on one machine and will the re-programmed dongle work with 2.5?

Thanks......Scott

I believe vray 3 allows vray 2.5 to work on the same license. That is why they brough out 2.5 Best get it confirmed though!
    Adam Trowers

Comment

Yes there's a special 2.5 license you can download that works with VRay 3. You'll have to double check how that affects your "free" render nodes for 2 vs. 3
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Smalerbi View Post
        Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading from 2.5 to latest release of Vray. To do so, I need to re-program my dongle. I'm also in the process of upgrading from Max 2015 to 2016. Before committing to 2016, I typically like to make sure all the plug-ins are working correctly. I have Vray 2.5 installed for 2015 and I would like to install 3.3 on 2016. Is this possible on one machine and will the re-programmed dongle work with 2.5?

Thanks......Scott
        It's best to contact our Sales Department on that matter at sales@chaosgroup.com

Originally posted by Morne View Post
        Yes there's a special 2.5 license you can download that works with VRay 3. You'll have to double check how that affects your "free" render nodes for 2 vs. 3
        To avoid any further confusions I would like to correct you here since such license 2.5 does not exist.
        There is a special V-Ray for 3ds Max build version 2.50.L30 which operates under V-Ray 3.x license policy (it requires V-Ray 3.0 Render Node license), but this not a 2.5 license.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
          There is a special V-Ray for 3ds Max build version 2.50.L30 which operates under V-Ray 3.x license policy (it requires V-Ray 3.0 Render Node license), but this not a 2.5 license.
          Tam"ay"to Tam"a"to
          Pat"ay"to Pat"a"to
          : -)
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
            It's best to contact our Sales Department on that matter at sales@chaosgroup.com

To avoid any further confusions I would like to correct you here since such license 2.5 does not exist.
            Thank you for the clarification

Comment

Working...
            X