Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub-Pixel and Clamp

Hi all

So with the advancements in the latest 3.30.04, I found something from a few years back and just want to see if this still work like that:

"(vlado 2009): "If "sub-pixel mapping" is on, first the sub-pixel values will be clamped, and then they will be averaged together. So your final result will be (0.5+1.0)/2=0.75 (light grey).""
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Yes, this part is the same...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

If I have sub-pixel on and clamp at 2.0 does that also mess up my comp for building up of the beauty via the elements? (It looks like it does, just want to confirm)
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

The comp mostly works. The specular however is about 0.5% brighter compared to the beauty
        However, the biggest issue is the refraction. It is doubling up for some reason. The comp is correct WITHOUT the refraction channel, but then the selfilluminated objects behind glass don't show up.
        Very weird
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
          The comp is correct WITHOUT the refraction channel, but then the selfilluminated objects behind glass don't show up.
          That's odd; which channel are the refractions in then?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Something weird here. It's almost as if thinner objects like windows and wine glasses have their refraction in the GI, but thicker objects like booze bottles with liquid in has it in the refraction channel.

Sounds strange and you may think I have the GI windows confused with the refraction. But I'm not. If you compare the windows and glasses in the beauty pass to that of the built up comp without refraction pass, then it looks the same. As soon as I add the refraction layer, the windows and glasses double up it's brightness (and yes I'm working in 32 bit)
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

looks like refractions in your glass mata are affecting all channels
              Marcin Piotrowski
              youtube

Comment

Working...
              X