Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pflow Frost water drops rendering funky - halp

Hi,

So I've been trying to get the water drop on a bottle shot down for a while, and while I'm semi-happy with my current pflow setup my drops are rendering funky.

The big 'drips' are rendering solid white, where as my little 'drops' are rendering *almost* as they should.

None of my drops are getting any transparency in the alpha channel. I am using my normal water shader and have tried 4 different water shaders from VMMP and my personal library and pretty much get the same results.

No drops produce transparency in the alpha which leads me to believe none of them are refracting properly, correct?
    I am lighting with just a domelight/ hdr. Tried plugging same hdr into enviro slot for reflect/refract.

Can anyone help?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Drops_Funky.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	883621

Name:	Drops_Funky_alpha.jpg
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	883623
    Attached Files
    Last edited by emartin8907; 19-02-2016, 09:15 PM.

2 Problems

1) Your particles are still rendering inside the frost mesh, just hide particle systems in the display panel

2) You have no alpha transparency because the refraction's affect channels is set to color only in your material.
    Gavin Jeoffreys
    Freelance 3D Generalist

Comment

Hi Raven,

Thanks for taking a look! What do you mean by hide the particle systems in the display panel? You mean in Pflow or Frost display panel?

All my display settings in Particle View are set to display none.

Comment

Display settings do not affect the render, so you need to hide the particle system. In your normal max viewport, Select PF Source 001 -> right click -> hide selected. or go to the display panel and hide all particle systems.
        You can also turn off the render operator in pflow. in the Pflow Particle View just turn off the Render 001 (geometry) in PF Source 001.
        Gavin Jeoffreys
        Freelance 3D Generalist

Comment

BEAUTIFUL thank you so much Raven!!!

Name:	WaterYAY.RGB_color.jpeg
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	859898

Name:	WaterYAY.Alpha.jpeg