Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

backburner path won't be submitted if specified in vfb separate render channels only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backburner path won't be submitted if specified in vfb separate render channels only

When submitting a backburner job the path to save the image won't be submitted if it is specified in vfb "separate render channels" only.

I'm not sure if this is either a max problem (2016 sp2) or intended behavior. I find it a bit annoying if I want to save separated exr channels to have to assign a path in max render output dialog first. Maybe it's only an uncommen way to save the exr channels.

Any Ideas? I know myself and I'm pretty sure some time soon when I'm in a rush and a deadline knocks on the door I am gonna forget about this...

We don't seem to have a problem to save the render elements through Separate render channels option in the FrameBuffer settings when using BB. Do you get the elements if you don't use BB or if you use it locally? Also which V-Ray version do you use?
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I just created a new scene for testing and rendered locally which gave the expected output of all elements. Then sent it to backburner but since the render node is already busy with another project I could only test it with the computer I am working on. So started the bb server and again as expected all elements were saved. I'll give it another try tomorrow on the render node.

Strange enough, in the bb monitor there are no output paths defined for the elements.

Still on Vray 3.30.03

Comment

Tested on the render node this morning and it did save all at the given path. Strange but it seems to work now. I am not quite sure if this was the first rendering after installing the new version of max and bb on the node, so that might have been the problem.

Thanks a lot for investigating though!!!

Comment

Working...
        X