Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 2016 irritating stuff

Hi,
    Since 3ds max 2016, they changed the way what folder opens if you use save as.

2014 opens the folder from where your max file is opened from.
    Example; D:Projects\annoyingstuff\max
    If you hit save as, it will open the folder D:Projects\annoyingstuff\max. Really easy and logical because your working from this folder.

In max 2016 it will open C;Users\NAME\Documents\3dsmax\scenes. Which means i have so much more clicking to do.
    Can this be fixed somehow?

Another thing that irritates me, and which i can't find out;
    windows like VFB / material editor, which are minimized, don't come back if you hit the toolbar button again. Now you have to select the minimized dialog.
    Is this Vray related or also max or Graphic card driver?

Thanks in advance

The "Save as" problem is actually present since SP3 for max 2015 and it's already been reported but it was obviously not a priority... The only known way around it is to open your files via File/Open and navigating to your file. If you do it like this, Save as will default to the file's location, but if you open it from the Recent files list or by double-clicking it from your windows explorer then it will always default to the my document/scenes folder on the first save.

Comment

There was a script somewhere that fixed this issue. Worked for me.

Comment

not a priority.... its quite frustrating when working with multiple files.. funny i don't see much people complaining about it.
        I'll try the script, do you remember the name Moriah?

The other window thingy, anyone else having problems with this? or is this graphic card related?

Comment

Do they still have the save incremental button? I add that to my toolbar and use that instead of save as and hitting the +.

Is this there attempt to force 3dsmax users to use project settings and set a project folder? I know it seems more important in Maya to do so - but I've never used any of it with 3dsmax.
          Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Yes, very annoying. I often end up saving in the wrong folder. I really hope they fix it.
            Aleksandar Mitov
            www.renarvisuals.com
            office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
            AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 16-core
            64GB DDR5
            GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

I cant ever remember seeing a save incremental button but then again Ive always hated the slowdown I get trying to navigate through menus so Ive been remapping the KB commands since MAX 1.x and had save incremental mapped to CTRL+SHIFT+S.
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Dave Wortley posted this script not long ago relating to the same issue I was experiencing:

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...765#post680765

Comment

Direct folders makes this a bit easier to deal with - http://www.codesector.com/directfolders

I couldn't imagine using a pc without it now tbh. double click anywhere in the white part of windows explorer to get a list of favorites and recently visited folders.

Comment

Working...
                  X