faster render with moblur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faster render with moblur?

odd one.. i just tested a frame with and without motion blur.. the one with moblur was 2 mins 50 secs.. without moblur 3 mins 30.

ive done the test twice to be sure.

now id understand maybe if it was blurring out fine details and giving the aa sampler less work or something, but this is on a frame at the end of the sequence, when -nothing- is moving, not even the camera. so there should be no blur anywhere.

why on earth is enabling moblur speeding it up?

Recently discovered the same with GI: http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...-render-faster
    Crazy times we live in!
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

What kind of geometry do you have in the scene?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

lots and lots of geometry. its a big masterplan with lots of buildings and 40k proxy trees.

Comment

Progressive/adaptive rendering can sometimes be faster with motion blur since the image has fewer sharp defined features that need lots of samples.
          Gavin Greenwalt
          im.thatoneguy[at]gmail.com || Gavin[at]SFStudios.com
          Straightface Studios

Comment

yes but as mentioned the scene is static, so is the camera.. so there is no blurring anywhere. that is the wierd thing.

Comment

sounds like you found the hidden time machine
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

LOL maybe Ill test that on my latest project cresting 35mil polys and about 7800objects so far and there is no foliage in it yet, and at just a hair over 2gb its getting crazy.
                Cheers,
                -dave
                ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
                X