VRayMtlConverter v1.0b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayMtlConverter v1.0b

I present maxscript for converting Standard materials to VRayMtl materials or reverse.

This tool fine works with such types of materials as: VRayMtlWrapper, Blend, Shellac, Composite!
    Also takes into account such parameters of materials as: Diffuse, Bump, Opacity, Reflection, Refraction etc.

ATTENTION! Works while only with 1.09.03n (max5) and 1.09.03r (max6) VRay versions!

PS: In the future I want to add in this maxscript an opportunity of converting Raytrace, Brazil, and fRender materials.

Download this maxscript and test it :
    VRayMtlConverter_v10b.rar
    V-RayMax Converter PRO
    MAXTools

thanks a lot 3DZver!!

with the old converter which I used quite a bit, the only issue I had, which wasn't that big of a deal most of the time....was that once I converted a standard mat that was already applied to an object/s in the scene to a vray mat.....it wasn't applied to the geomentry that it was aplied to when a standard mat...so I had to manually reapply it to that geometry...most of the time that wasn't a big deal...but in complex scenes when a mat is appied to many objects that are organized by nested groups and layers....that tended to become quite tedious.....so I was wondering if with this new version, once a mat is converted it still stays applied...

again great work, and thanks for sharing this...

paul.

Comment

Hi cocolas!

I am pleased, that my converter appeared to you is useful.

Good luck to you!
      V-RayMax Converter PRO
      MAXTools

Comment

WOW looks great but it doesnt support the new version yet .... so i'll have to wait ... great work
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Hi 3DZver !

Good news ! Good job !
          I 've never used or tested the old one but this one, I will.
          Thank you

Gael

Comment

3Dver rocks!

Comment

3DZver maybe you share the sources of your script for Chaos Group, so they could make working native material converter in 1.5 )

Comment

Great great great great great !!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!

Comment

Re: VRayMtlConverter v1.0b

PS: In the future I want to add in this maxscript an opportunity of converting Raytrace, Brazil, and fRender materials.

Download this maxscript and test it :
                  http://www.3dzver.ru/soft/vray/VRayM...erter_v10b.rar
                  Can't wait

Comment

Hi 3DZver

great work

maybe you should contact vlado, ore vlado should contact you. The build in converter for the upcomming 1.5 could get better from this maybe.

Tom

Comment

tks a lot! but how can i remove&instead of the older version?

Comment

tks a lot! but how can i remove&instead of the older version?
                        Remove old file VRayMtlConverter_v10b.mse, unrar VRayMtlConverter_v10b.rar in a your_maxroot_folder/scripts and read the file VRayMtlConverter_info.txt for the further instructions.
                        V-RayMax Converter PRO
                        MAXTools

Comment

I know Vray will produce better results if I use Vray materials, but will I see better results if I simply convert my standard Max materials to Vray Wrapper materials. What does it actually do? I am in middle of a project, and I am tempted to do it, but I want to be assured ti is not going to make my project go wa-wa. i have about 90 materials in the project of which 80 are probably standard Max mats.

Comment

Hi Crazy,

Take it from a guy that "wrapped" 100's of materials thinking they would work with photons (it was a long time ago).

There is no speed benefit from using a wrapper, a wrapper only is useful to control the GI send and recieve values and/or as a matte material.
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

Hi Crazy,

If you want to count the project in photons - VRayMtlConverter is just that is necessary for you. You will not change all of 90 materials manually?! You can not be afraid, given maxscript works stably enough and maximum correct converts Standard materials in VRay-materials. Already very much many have tried this program in the projects and have remained are pleased with result.

Good luck to you!

PS: Standard materials in VRayMtlWrapper I do not work with photons.
                              V-RayMax Converter PRO
                              MAXTools

Comment

Working...
                              X