Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3dsMax Vray generated 6x1 cube stereo render for viewing in Oculus Rift SDK glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsMax Vray generated 6x1 cube stereo render for viewing in Oculus Rift SDK glasses

Hello.

I am new to trying to work VR in my architectural workflow and have just generated a wide format stereo image using 3dsMax 2016 and Vray 3.3 using the Cube 6x1 camera where it doubles my 9216x1536 image to double wide to accommodate for the left and right eye.

Now that I have this image file (which I generated as an uncompressed EXR file as recommended in the Guide to VR from Vray) I'm not sure what to do to it to be able to view it in the Oculus Rift glasses SDK set that I have at my desk.

When the computer support tech for the company I work for opened my wide image created in 3dsMax with the Oculus glasses, it just read as it would if you opened it in Photoshop as 12 individual square small cube images side by side in 2d and wasn't 3d immersive in the room. The demo content on the Oculus Rift works fine and is immersive but I just don't know the next step from creating the wide 12 picture image to then be able to open the file and view it.

Is there something you know of that I need to run my image through and export some other type of file before I can be used? I am just trying to sit at my desk and feel like I am in a scale 3d room with the accurate textures and lighting from my scene.

The demo files for the Oculus seem to be exe files so I'm not even sure what file type and format was used for those.

I appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

Thank you.
    John

I believe you need some kind of VR player which can handle VR images.
    Such apps are already discussed on a few places on the forums like here:
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...AMSUNG-Gear-VR
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
    X