Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Setting - 3dsMax Scripts options

Hello everyone,
    I was doing some scripting for my render preferences and I have come across some parameters that I does not know anything about nor I can find any thing on DOCS nor the forum or any where else to be clear.
    Hence I would appreciate if anyone can clear them for me what are they doing exactly.

.dmc_optimizeShadingRate

.dmc_importanceSampling

---> I have done some tests but I can not determine the use for these two dmc parameters

.dmc_pathSampler_type (mc_pathSampler_type) --> is this the switch for new sampling vs old one?

.progressive_track_radius

.progressive_dynNoiseThreshold

-----> i have test two progressive option but they have very litlle impact on my sample rate so I am confused about them.

---------------------------------

.imageSampler_outline

.imageSampler_mtlID

.imageSampler_normal

I have got my answer about these three (thanks to joconnell)
    ---------------------------------

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mohammadreza_mohseni; 14-03-2016, 02:05 AM.
    Mohammadreza Mohseni

Website | Instagram | E-Mail | Art Station | Behance | Twitter | Facebook

The last three are likely the tick boxes for the adaptive subdivision image sampler where you can tell vray to use the outline, normals and material id's to add in extra sampling quality.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
      The last three are likely the tick boxes for the adaptive subdivision image sampler where you can tell vray to use the outline, normals and material id's to add in extra sampling quality.
      thank you..
      and the other two? do you know any thing about them?
      Mohammadreza Mohseni

Comment

There's some new sampling methods in vray 3.3, I'd say the two are switches between the old 3.2 methods and the newer ones. If you try to open a scene that was made in vray 3.2 or earlier on a machine that has vray 3.3 installed you get a warning that there's some changes that could cause the scene to render differently and would you like to use the new or old methods? The two variables turn these bits on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
          There's some new sampling methods in vray 3.3, I'd say the two are switches between the old 3.2 methods and the newer ones. If you try to open a scene that was made in vray 3.2 or earlier on a machine that has vray 3.3 installed you get a warning that there's some changes that could cause the scene to render differently and would you like to use the new or old methods? The two variables turn these bits on and off.
          thank you. I have tested what you said and turns out atleast dmc_optimizeShadingRate is not the switch for new sampling method
          i have created the new scene completly from scratch in 3.3 and get value it turns out false. (the default)
          and then I open a file in another max that hass been created with 3.2 and choose no for the sampling prompt window again the value was false.
          then I have open andother 3.2 file and choose yes gor the promp this time. .. the value again was false.

dmc_importanceSampling is a float number so it can not be used for turning on and of a feature.
          Mohammadreza Mohseni

Comment

The switch between the old and new sampling is:
            Code:
            renderers.current.twoLevel_adaptiveMethod=N
            where N is 0 for the old method and 1 for the new method. New scenes use the new method by default. The switch option itself is not available in the UI.

More information about the new variables could be found here:
            http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...706#post670706

For the other two commands .dmc_optimizeShadingRate and .dmc_importanceSampling, I think they are switches about Shading Rate optimization and Importance Sampling but since I am not 100% sure I'll consult with someone of our Dev Team and will let you know if that's is true.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
              The switch between the old and new sampling is:
              Code:
              renderers.current.twoLevel_adaptiveMethod=N
              where N is 0 for the old method and 1 for the new method. New scenes use the new method by default. The switch option itself is not available in the UI.

More information about the new variables could be found here:
              http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...706#post670706

For the other two commands .dmc_optimizeShadingRate and .dmc_importanceSampling, I think they are switches about Shading Rate optimization and Importance Sampling but since I am not 100% sure I'll consult with someone of our Dev Team and will let you know if that's is true.
              thanks for the info, i also will wait for the confirmation about those two parameters.
              best regards
              Mohammadreza Mohseni

Comment

Originally posted by mohammadreza_mohseni View Post
                .dmc_optimizeShadingRate
                This is an experimental option; don't touch it.

.dmc_importanceSampling
                This one doesn't have any effect anymore and is ignored since a long time.

.dmc_pathSampler_type
                This one doesn't have any effect either.

.progressive_track_radius
                This one controls the radius, in pixels, of the area that is focused on when the "track mouse" option in the VFB is enabled during progressive sampling.

.progressive_dynNoiseThreshold
                This one determines when V-Ray will reduce the target noise level when doing progressive rendering. There's not much practical reason to change it. We used it during development to figure out a good default value.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  This is an experimental option; don't touch it.

This one doesn't have any effect anymore and is ignored since a long time.

This one doesn't have any effect either.

This one controls the radius, in pixels, of the area that is focused on when the "track mouse" option in the VFB is enabled during progressive sampling.

This one determines when V-Ray will reduce the target noise level when doing progressive rendering. There's not much practical reason to change it. We used it during development to figure out a good default value.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  thanks vlado for clearing up these parameters. very helpful.
                  Mohammadreza Mohseni

Comment

Working...
                  X