VRaymtl ClampTex (cleaner script)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRaymtl ClampTex (cleaner script)

Iv'e been using the cleaner script for some time now.

Does anyone know what "VRaymtl ClampTex Disable" does and how to undo it? I can't find any documentation on the matter.

Thanks!

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/cleaner
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas A. Edison

I don't know but it seems to me that "Clamp Output" is disabled for these texture maps in the Output panel.
    If you use bercon noise for example it can produce values beyond 1 and below 0. YOu might find yourself in a situation quite often where you don't want that.
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

in my knowledge, it is a feature, allowing you to go over pure white in color value... you can actually can go over rgb 255 .... it is kind of break the 8bit color limitation in material setting and allow to go over 8 bit (16bit).... you can view my test for this function...
      of course it is not recommend to use it. it will be unrealistic. but it is good to know if there is a problem how to fix it. some materials in evermotion archmodels (in some old ones) or some other company may have used this feature and it cause very high rendering times cause vray go nuts on calculation. so you might need to fix them this script intend to do that... so just be aware of this feature and not use it of course it has some functionality but not in everyday use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	reflection code.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	860098
      Last edited by mohammadreza_mohseni; 10-03-2016, 06:25 AM.
      Mohammadreza Mohseni

Website | Instagram | E-Mail | Art Station | Behance | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Working...
      X