light through windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light through windows

Okay tried all the tips and must be missing something - I am trying to get the light to shine through the windows and into the interior without actually lighting the interior when I remove the roof - I have set the roof ans 2 exterior walls to not visible by camera and unticked visible to gi - I am getting alot of artifacts with the roof and walls turned on - with it off it is very clean - am I missing something? the objects have mapping coords and materials - any help appreciated

Thanks
    CDI3D
    Michael S. Munson
    Conceptual Design Studio

ok, what you have to do is this:

1- In the glass material make sure you have "affect shadows" turned on.
    2- On the roof and wall's object properties turn "visible to camera" and "visible to reflections/refractions" off.
    3- (opcional) You might want to take GI environment multiplier to 2 or 3, or may be put a vray light over the roof (with the roof on "exclude" in the light options) to lighten the interior a bit more.

that is it.

Don't forget to use exponential on color mapping type, and try all this first on a new scene, that is because you may have touch something, like object GI and such and might get unwanted results.

Good luck.

Comment

with "visible to reflections/refractions" off the interiors had a dark loss of GI I solved this by unticking visible to GI under vray props
      Mike
      Michael S. Munson
      Conceptual Design Studio

Comment

Anyone? Still getting dark faces on the tops of the walls -
        Thanks
        cdi3d
        Michael S. Munson
        Conceptual Design Studio

Comment

looks like an over lapping faces issue. One thing you could try if your using the latest build, is adjust the Secondary Rays Bias to roughly 0.001 and see if that helps.

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

BTW Secondary Rays Bias is under the Global switches in the lower right.

-dave
            Cheers,
            -dave
            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
            X