Exporting linework of toon only - and exposure control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting linework of toon only - and exposure control

This is probably a simple question to many... I just set up a basic interior model and used the new Toon effect - looks great! How would I go about getting the linework only instead of any shading that is rendered also.

Do you have to use G-Buffer output? And how would I do that?

Question 2: I thought that you were supposed to be able to control exposure after you render. Where do you control this from?

Thanks!
    Tim
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

n-e-body?
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

Comment

You could use a wrapper to make the objects mattes (make sure to set the alpha contribution to -1) the render and you will have the lines with their alpha.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Enable the atmospheric G-buffer channel. This will give you only the lines, saveable as a separate file from the VRay framebuffer.

Or you can set up a matte material and assign it to all objects in the scene with the override material in the global switches rollout.
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Thanks guys I think I got a solution...

I tried the atmospheric channel at first, but it came out totally black. Then finally I changed the toon color to white and now it shows up in the vray frame buffer. So probably all i have to do is invert the image in pshop and thats it.

Anybody for question #2?
          Tim Nelson
          timnelson3d.com

Comment

You need to use the VFB and it is the bottom leftmost button that brings up the curve editor to adjust levels, there is another button that is to use the curve results, second from the right I think.
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

Ahh, thank you very much RErender. I saw the curve editor before, but missed the button where it actually used those settings. Its pretty sweet.
              Tim Nelson
              timnelson3d.com

Comment

I also wanted a simple outline of an object, but I set the objects material up the same way I would glass (refraction to white) and then ran a toon effect render and this was my result:

Jeff
                - Jeff Patton -
                http://jeffpatton.net/

Comment

Cool, I'll have to try that too.
                  Tim Nelson
                  timnelson3d.com

Comment

hello timmatron and pixelperfectg!

i am just wondering how you build this pic.

as if i use the vraymaterial "vrayedgestex" i get the edge of every single triangle, which builds my geometry.

if i use the standard max material "ink and paint" the rendering time is very slow.

which material did you use to get the desired effect in your picture?

could you please post the setup of this material.

thanx in advance

Comment

This is from the new build and is A toon Effect which is not in the older builds.
                      Natty
                      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

hello!

@natty!

thanx for the answer.

know things are getting clearer

so long

Comment

Working...
                        X