Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we need so many 'render' buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we need so many 'render' buttons?

There are so many render buttons now in 3dsmax its becoming a bit of a joke. Sometimes I use the one in the render dialogue box, sometimes I use the one in the VFB. Sometimes when I use the one in the VFB it doesn't respect the region render that I have set up in the max frame buffer. Just now I clicked render in the VFB for a 100 frame animated sequence and walked away to do something else. When I came back, it had only rendered the first frame. It seems you need to use the render button in the render dialogue box to render a sequence.

Why do we need so many 'render' buttons?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

the one in the vfb is "re-render last" possibly that could be clearer. has the number of render buttons gone up recently? i count, * the one on the toolbar * the one on the render dialogue * the one on the vfb

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
      the one in the vfb is "re-render last" possibly that could be clearer. has the number of render buttons gone up recently? i count, * the one on the toolbar * the one on the render dialogue * the one on the vfb
      Max frame buffer (sometimes needed when messing with region renders as vray region renders aren't ideal)
      VRay fame buffer
      Render Setup dialogue
      Render button on the VRay tool bars that are along the top/side of the screen
      Render 360 (sometimes accidentally click that one as my eyesight isn't what it once was!)
      Render Production
      Rendered frame window (sometimes accidentally click that one as my eyesight isn't what it once was!)

The fact that the VFB one means 'Render Last' now makes a lot more sense as to why it sometimes doesn't respect regions. I'll try and remember that one!
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

my eyesight is going too....Hate clicking the 360 button
        Sean MacNintch

Comment

You can remove some buttons that you don't need, like the 360 button.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yes of course...just being whiney
            Sean MacNintch

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
              Max frame buffer (sometimes needed when messing with region renders as vray region renders aren't ideal)
              FYI, you can still render Max's regions in the VFB.
              MDI Digital
              moonjam

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Jefferies View Post
                FYI, you can still render Max's regions in the VFB.
                Yeah, but you can't edit the region in the VFB, and Max's region has some nice functions for editing like being able to move the whole region and expand just the sides etc.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X