Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best 3d Painter (Z-Brush ? Deep Paint 3d?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 3d Painter (Z-Brush ? Deep Paint 3d?)

Hi

I would like to know what the best investment for a 3d painter would be?

Z-Brush Sounds the best right now for high photoreal models.
    I have Max 5.1, Vray Advance, and Photoshop.

Thoughts, Comments, or Suggestions are appreciated?!!
    Thanx.
    dReams in diGital
    www.joelRfreeman.com
    www.haysarch.com

first of all it's you that paints, not the program, so for photoreal stuff it doesn't matter which one...

Comment

I dont know , which is better.

but zbrush right now is a fantastic modelling module also. this is why i love it right now. if you do organic models, this would be the thing to choose.

this is my first zbrush test. 4 hours in max, 3 hours in zbrush.

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=7282

Tom

Comment

Hi CGzero,

If you are after a 3D painter I would definitely choose Deep Paint over Zbrush. I have used both as a 3D painting module and I always find myself going back to Deep Paint. After all, DP is made entirely for that purpose whilst in Zbrush, it is just one feature among others. Although Zbrush is really a great tool for generating displacement maps. The structure of Deep Paint is also very similar to Photoshop, which I find very comfortable. I find Deep paint more intuitive as I can freely rotate the object without having to enter a projection mode (which you still can btw if you want to). It's also easier to open each map channel in DP and paint it in an unwrapped mode. The script in zbrush requires you (if you want to paint on a bitmap) to enter the projection mode all the time. It really breaks down the workflow in a negative way as I see it, but its still a great script nonetheless, I just wouldn't choose it over DP as a 3D paint module.

For painting I would choose DP, no doubt about that. But the greatest thing would be if you could use both though, since displacement maps through Zbrush is one great feature.
        http://www.mentalhue.com/gallery

Comment

Thank You

Thanks mikael,
          This helps Me tremendously!!!!
          dReams in diGital
          www.joelRfreeman.com
          www.haysarch.com

Comment

mikael: Just went to your site Amazing work

What's your painting secret? Do you base those paintings on 3D renderings?

--Jon

Comment

mikael

why the hell are you here on the vray forum. If i could draw this way, and i think i can draw, i am not sure, i still would want to do 3D

congrats. wow

Tom

Comment

mikael:
                your work is exelent!!......I love your traditional media as well....

paul.

Comment

As written on your site by somebody else, your work is insane.
                  Very good light catching. Craig Mullins, wake up.

Comment

Thanks guys!

J_Bug - I don't believe I have any painting secrets, I just have been spending alot of years drawing and painting. I believe, though, that a good drawing foundation is the most essential. Good drawing gives you a proper foundation and opens the doors to all other important aspects of art. In case there are architectural structures involved, I might base some of the forms on a rendering, although as far as you are asking, no I do it all 2D.

Tom - : ), I think this is a great forum and I am quite interested in rendering technology...

Cocolas - Thank you! : )

Biohazard - Thanks! I am a sucker for light, aren't we all : )
                    http://www.mentalhue.com/gallery

Comment

Working...
                    X