kevlar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevlar...

I am curious as to if anyone has had experience creating shaders that replicate the look of kevlar; a composite synthetic material used in a variety of applications.

I'd appreciate seeing any attempts at such a shader.

kevlar...

Actually, I believe I meant to say "carbon fiber", a fabric embedded in resin.

Comment

something to start with...

http://www.sushidelic.com/tmp/carbon%20fibre.rar

the rar file contains map and matlib.

greetings,
      michael
      This signature is only a temporary solution

Comment

Nice job Sushidelic

--Jon

Comment

This wasn't done in vray but here is a test I did a while back. Also, you might want to check out the Mental Ray thread on cgtalk for this. Jeff has a nice example. I think he includes it in the library also.

Good work Sushidelic. The only thing that bugs me is that it looks like the specular is being affected by the weave a little too much. It gives it that... I don't have enough epoxy/clear coat look. Looks pretty good besides that tho. Oh sorry I just noticed one more thing. The black is too black. CF is more like a really dark grey, maybe even with a pinch of brown in there.

Comment

indeed some another nice approach. looks like there are a lot of different carbon fibres - i was using those pics as reference for my shader as they suited best for the task i had to do.

greetings,
            michael

ps: i read the mental ray shader thread some while ago, definately a must read!
            This signature is only a temporary solution

Comment

kevlar

Many thanks for all the assistance. Real nice work!

Comment

Working...
              X