Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aligning V-ray camera to background photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aligning V-ray camera to background photo?

I have a background photo I need to match my V-ray physical camera to, and I'd like to get the focal length etc matching the real world camera settings correctly.
    Client in this case has taken it on an iphone 4S:

Click image for larger version

Name:	exif.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	884872

I realise there is a bit more to it than putting the 35mm equivalent into the V-ray cam's "focal length" :P
    However, I'm at a loss as for what I actually need to do to figure out the correct settings to have my Vray cam match
    Any help would be appreciated!

Originally posted by Richard7666 View Post
    I have a background photo I need to match my V-ray physical camera to, and I'd like to get the focal length etc matching the real world camera settings correctly.
    Client in this case has taken it on an iphone 4S:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31126[/ATTACH]

I realise there is a bit more to it than putting the 35mm equivalent into the V-ray cam's "focal length" :P
    However, I'm at a loss as for what I actually need to do to figure out the correct settings to have my Vray cam match
    Any help would be appreciated!
    You need to change the sensor width from 35 mm full frame to 3.42mm which is the width of the sensor according to google. So in the 'new' Pyshical Camera it should look something like this (I think).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	862543
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Ah, that would be handy, except I'm still using Max 2015, so the "old" V-ray physical cam.

In which case, is "film gate" where I should enter the sensor size?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard7666 View Post
        Ah, that would be handy, except I'm still using Max 2015, so the "old" V-ray physical cam.

In which case, is "film gate" where I should enter the sensor size?
        That is correct.
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
        X