Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware

I'm a new Vray user and part of the reason I've chosen this program is it's ability to do distributed rendering. Currentley I do between 1 and 5 renderings a week, and the biggest bottle neck I deal with is how long it takes to render and image. Were considering purchasing 5 dual processor machines so that we can take full advantage of Vray's ability to use 10 processors. I'm very interested to find out what types of systems and setups that other people are using, and what works best. Can anyone give me some advice?

there is nothing like a 10 processors limit.
    there is some support limit for max. 10 computers. although it still seems to work with more than that.
    for power, high clocked intel cpu's are the fastest right now. dual xeon machines should be the best value.
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

I thought that distributed rendering was limited to 10 processors but network rendering could use an unlimited number of machines?

Comment

Originally posted by devin
        I thought that distributed rendering was limited to 10 processors but network rendering could use an unlimited number of machines?
        Yes this is correct devin.

-dave
        Cheers,
        -dave
        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

it's NOT processors, it's computers. it doesn't matter how many processors are used.
          still, DR should work with more than 10 computers in the network. it just seems to be "unsupported".
          there is also the windows connection limit to max. 10 computers, unless you're using a windows server version. with backburner this limit only affects the manager and the storage location.
          with DR this might be different, since the computers are connected to the workstation where you render from.
          keep in mind that DR doesn't work with max6. they are rewriting the engine, so things might change soon.
          Marc Lorenz
          ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
          www.marclorenz.com
          www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Working...
          X