Vray sun shadows in realistic viewport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray sun shadows in realistic viewport

When I use the realistic setting for a physical camera viewport in max the scene appears badly over exposed. It seems like somewhere along the way I do something, not sure what, and then it displays correctly. I cannot seem to figure out what I need to do to use the scene lighting, realistic materials and shadows in the max viewport.

This is an exterior scene. If I dial the vray sun multiplier down to .01 it then looks ok. Is that what is required?

Using vray sun, multiplier 1.0, vray sky in the vray environment, linear workflow.
    Max 2016, vray 3.4.02

Any help much appreciated.
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Hi,

Actually this is a Max thing, but you should be able to control the viewport exposure in realistic mode from the camera settings. Can you post the scene to check out?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Yes Imunderstand this is a Max thing, but sort of a how max works,with vray thing as well. I appreciate your trying to help,with this regardless.

Yes I suppose I could change the shutter speed or f stop on the camera similar,to how I am dialing back the sun multiplier to get the overexposed,viewport into a usable state. I'm hoping that Imcan find a way to have this set up so I don't need to adjust sun or camera to use viewport and then need to change the setting for correct render.

How would I post the scene? Zip up an archive file and attach?

Thanks for your help!
      mark f.
      openrangeimaging.com

Comment

You can attach the file here by using "Go Advanced" button and then "Attachments" or send the file to support at chaosgroup.com.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I have just tested a small scene in Max 2017. using the same camera and vray sun/sky as before the realistic ( now called "high quality") viewport settings work as they should.

I'm going to do some more testing and etc. If I continue to experience the problem I will post here again. For now I think sending you my scene file may not be necessary.

thanks for your help!
          mark f.
          openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Working...
          X