Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct method for creating Pano Renderings from VRAY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct method for creating Pano Renderings from VRAY?

Hello,
    We are starting to see a larger demand for the creation of 360 panoramic images these days (Both singular and stereo). Is it preferable to use the Panorama Exporter or just manipulate the render settings on the fly to do this - It seems like this is the case either way anyhow? I wasn't sure if there were FOV adjustments to be made when doing this, or if there was a kind of "wizard" to walk you through it? I have attached an example of something I created earlier today by selecting "Cube 6x1" Camera Type from the render settings and adjusting the resolution width to be 6 times wider manually. All appeared well for a first crack at it, but this attachment also compares the max/vray result to a result I was getting from the A360 renderings we did from Revit. I noticed that the cube assignments are different between the two. I'm guessing that VR Displays have some kind of standard for pano imagery that needs to be followed in order to display, so am I seeing the correct result based on what I did? If not, what shall I do to change the way I created this?

I am using 3ds max 2016 SP3 with Vray 3.30.03 at present. Thank you for your time. -Dave
    Attached Files

max/vray is correct for the orbx media viewer & virtual desktop, possibly a few others.
    It's easy enough to set up a photoshop macro to automatically rearrange them if you find you need them laid out differently.

Comment

Working...
    X