RPC + Vray...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC + Vray...

hi, I'm strating use Vray with Autodesk Viz 5 for architectural rendering and I've bought a RPC College People pack. I prepared an interior scene with a parquet as floor material with this paameters:
    Glossiness 0,6
    Subd 8
    Diffuse: wood map
    Reflect: 10/10/10
    When I render my scene the shadow of the rpc files is ok but the reflection of the floor isn't ok:
    the reflection is far from the bottom of the rpc.
    Why???

Could you post a render for us of your problem? Makes solving things a bit easier on us

Comment

Ok...tonight I'll try to post it...

Comment

i was preparing a really nasty post regarding RPCs last night, but then decided not to post it as i was replying to a very old topic. But this time i got an apportunity to do so... since io am in a better mood today, i'll be calm.

The only good thing about RPC is that it makes my competitors on our local market look like sh**. Is unproffesional, amature, spoiling the whole environemnt wether its a car, tree or a person. If you want to your work to stand out, DONT use RPC. I saw some people here doing some amazing photorealistic renders and then they "enhance" their project with loads of RPC stuff... it destroys it! Maybe some trees on the FAR background to give it some volume is acceptable, only in extreme cases when the scene is so dence that you cant afford more geometry.

Comment

Here is the sample

Wow, what comment about rpc...

Comment

good luck

Comment

yep ive have the same floating people problem ... the answer ....dont know ?
              Natty
              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Try moving RPC man down. RPC people always float above the base. That should fix your reflection.

Z.

Comment

ezrhythm,

So what are you doing? Are you using actual geometry for your cars, trees and people?

Ive posted this before, with little response.

Its like criting a post and not giving advice.

"The image looks like SH**" and thats it......It is more productive to give a solution.

Just my 2 cents.
                  Arkitec

Comment

LOW POLY CARS AND PEOPLE, THEY REACT TO GI as it should be.
                    4000-5000 polys for a person or a car. Photo textures, there is nothing better for me at the moment.

Comment

I just started making my own RPC's for a really large outdoor project. I'm rendering out Treestorm trees with GI+mapping at a number of different resolutions up to 2000px for the close-up trees, the results are far more pleasing than the low rez rpc trees, I've finally found a use for the plugin.
                      I'll continue using 3D people, I find them far less offensive, bless their blocky little souls.
                      Richard De Souza

www.themanoeuvre.com

Comment

I tried to move down rpd, but if I use a Interpolated glossy mat, the result is the same...

Comment

Vray and rpcs aren't friends. Vray needs a bit to long to render them and its gi has no influence to the rpcs.

For stills i would never ever use rpcs. I use self made photographs of people and foliage and fake the reflections if needed.

To render an animation with rpcs, I render the geometry with vray first, after that i render the rpcs in scanline without motionblur and imageblur on black Background and with the geometry as matte/shadow. After that i render z-mirrored rpcs for reflection. Later you can blur and desaturate the rpcs and reflected rpcs in your composite program like combustion.

This method saves time and gives you more control over the hole project. I hope you understand my explanation and it will help you.

Comment

I try also to use a Vraymap as reflection, instead of interpolated glossy, but the problem is the same...

Comment

As I said before: move RPC person down 50 mm below the ground. I've just tested it and it works! That's known bug (Archivision says "feature")!!

Zoran

Comment

Working...
                              X